Three of the best from Lipstick Queen. The pigment-rich red that lasts for hours. The green magic that adjusts your skin tone. The everyday nude that goes with everything. Three lipsticks that everyone needs.
The ultimate lipstick brand, Lipstick Queen, was started by Poppy King who launched her first lipstick at the age of 18. More than 20 years later, her lipstick empire has an extensive range of colours, finishes and textures. You are guaranteed to find something that suits your style, skin tone and lifestyle. Here are my three faves:
VELVET ROPE in Black Tie
Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope is a pigment-rich range that is on the luxury end of the Lipstick Queen line. All the colours are matte but still moisturising, containing vitamin E and apricot oil.
Here I have the deep read called Black Tie which is the perfect red for winter and/or evenings out. It is a dramatic red lipstick that will make a statement and perfectly matched with a nude eye palette. I have a thing for matte reds at the moment and this one is a show-stopper
What I Love
- Despite being matte it glides onto my lips
- The glam gold case that is magnetic and clicks shut
- Intense and bold red that screams Hollywood glamour
Just like the fairytale, Lipstick Queen Frog Prince transforms into something romantic. The sheer green lipstick reacts to the warmth of your lips and turns a rosy-pink within seconds of application.
What’s more, it turns a different colour on different lips. It somehow ‘magically’ changes colour based on your pH and skin tone, making it unique to you.
What I love
- It turns heads when you whip out a green lipstick in public
- The sheer rose-pink colour goes with pretty much everything in my wardrobe
- Hydrating as a lip balm as it contains shea butter and vitamin E
CUPIDS BOW in Golden Arrow
Lipstick Queen Cupid’s Bow is a fat pencil that combines a lipstick and pencil into one. This should be one of your handbag staples because it allows you to add a slick of colour without any fuss.
I have Cupid’s Bow in Golden Arrow which is a blush-nude and would suit most skin tones. The range has another nude – Nymph – which has more of a pink undertone. There are 8 colours in the Cupid’s Bow range.
What I love
- Perfect for on-the-go – no need for a lipliner
- Pigment-rich nude that goes from day to night perfectly
- Comes with a sharpener (I didn’t get one myself for this review so haven’t tested it) which ensures you have the best tool for keeping the tip sharp
Velvet Rope from £35, Frog Prince from £22 and Cupids Bow from £20.
Do you have any Lipstick Queen favourites? I also have the Invisible Liner to try out which has me really excited!
** Products c/o Lipstick Queen. Words my own.